A message of support for our community

NC State community:

It’s with sadness that I write to share the news of a death in our community. The loss of any member of our Pack is tragic, and I recognize that this loss is particularly impactful for many of our on-campus residents and housing staff. There are no words I can share that will heal what many of you are feeling. Simply, I grieve with you.

Please know that you are not alone. Each and every one of you has a home here at NC State, and there are many resources available to help support you as you process this loss.

Specifically, I want to emphasize that if you are concerned about a friend or a colleague, please submit a CARES report to our Prevention Services team. These reports are anonymous and help ensure we can quickly respond with the appropriate resources to keep all in our community safe.

If you fear someone is in immediate danger, please call 911. You can also call or text 988 to receive free and confidential support through the crisis lifeline.

Students can schedule appointments with the Counseling Center or with one of our community providers. AcademicLiveCare, a free teletherapy service, is another resource available to students.

Faculty and staff, in addition to resources offered to you through the Faculty and Staff Assistance ProgramState Health Plan members have access to mental health coverage and additional resources via the Behavioral Health Resource Center.

Please take care of yourselves and each other. As I shared in my welcome message just a few weeks ago, finding connection and engaging with this community is critical to your experience and your overall mental health and well-being.

Thank you,

Randy Woodson
Chancellor