Welcome to the Spring Semester

Welcome to a new year and a new semester, Wolfpack!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful and restful break and that you have made the most of our first days back. Our university made remarkable progress during 2019, and I am confident that we will achieve many more of our goals during 2020.

This past year we celebrated numerous successes. Our faculty, staff, and students earned prestigious awards for their groundbreaking research, extensive contributions to their respective fields, and commitment to academic excellence and service. NC State embarked on new projects with partners from from close to home and abroad that will make a difference for future generations. Our faculty and staff are working on new computing technologies, food security, and so much more.

In December, NC State proudly sent off brand new alumni into the world. In 2019 as a whole, we awarded 9,346 degrees. I wish each of you the best as you enter this new stage of your life. At NC State, we are dedicated to providing our students with hands-on learning opportunities that will give valuable experiences and skills to utilize in the work force. Companies from around the country – around the world even – seek NC State graduates for their expertise and education. I look forward to seeing the continued success of our university’s alumni.

As some students graduate from NC State, others are joining the university for the first time. I would like to extend a warm welcome to our Spring Connection and Transfer Students. I hope you all had a chance to participate in Winter Welcome Week and have settled into life at NC State. This is a very exciting time for each of you as you embark on this new journey in higher education. You are surrounded by world renowned faculty who are leaders in their field of research and study. My advice is to take the opportunity to ask questions, learn something new, and find your niche. Once you embrace the Think and Do mentality, success will surely come your way.

I look forward to working with all of you to make this year even better for the Wolfpack than the last.

Sincerely,

Randy Woodson
Chancellor