Wrapping Up the Semester

Dear NC State Community:

The end of the semester has arrived. As we welcome you back from Thanksgiving break filled with well-deserved rest and quality time with family and friends, I want to note what an exciting time of year it is for our university. It is hard to believe that we are now in the final week of classes with exams around the corner and a new decade on the horizon.

For our freshmen, their first college level final exams are upon you. These exams are challenging, but have confidence in yourself and the hard work that you have put into your studies these past sixteen weeks. You are prepared for this, but should you feel overwhelmed, please know that your teachers, faculty, friends and family are all here to support and encourage you. We also have so many campus resources willing to assist you, such as the tutoring centers and counseling center.

For our graduating seniors, this is your last set of finals. The university is immensely proud of the dedication you have put forth towards academic excellence during your time here at NC State. As you near the finish line, I encourage you to put your best foot forward with your final projects and exams. I am looking forward to celebrating your accomplishments at commencement and the upcoming chapter of your life as alumni of this great university.

For our faculty and staff, the next three weeks bring the culmination of all the hard work you have put into making NC State an incredible place over the past semester and even the past year. As 2019 comes to a close, I hope that you all find a moment to appreciate the impact you have made here and look forward to your return in 2020. For those of you who are retiring, thank you for your dedicated service to NC State.

I can honestly say the semester has flown by as I reflect on all the memorable events that have happened here over the past few months. I know these next few weeks will be very busy for us all, but I encourage you to work hard and make time for friends and family. We truly are one Wolfpack family, and that family will get bigger this spring as we welcome new students to campus through our Spring Connection program.

Good luck Wolfpack. We cannot wait to see you for the start of another extraordinary semester in January!

Sincerely,

Randy Woodson
Chancellor