COVID Crisis in India

NC State community:

While our state and country are beginning to emerge and recover from the pandemic, India remains in crisis as the virus spreads. For weeks, hospitals have pleaded with the world to send supplies and help, as infections and deaths steadily rise.

Today, India reported more coronavirus-related deaths in a single day than any other country at any time during the pandemic. Simply put, it’s devastating. 

Many of our students, faculty and staff call India home and/or have family and friends who are experiencing the crisis firsthand. I want you to know that your NC State community supports you, cares about you and has resources available to help. If you need to speak with someone, please connect with university resources including the Counseling Center or the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program.

For any students who might be experiencing food, housing, financial or educational security issues due to the crisis in India, support is available through the Pack Essentials website. I also encourage anyone who needs help to reach out to fellow colleagues or fellow students for assistance and support if you feel comfortable doing so.

Even though we are a world away, there are other ways we all can help. This article provides a list of organizations that are providing on-the-ground support in India.

To those in our community who are struggling or anxious about the situation in India, I recognize that there is nothing I can say that will take away your worries or concerns. However, I hope you know that my heart is with you, and that you have a Pack in your corner.

Randy Woodson
Chancellor