Thank you, Wolfpack

Dear NC State community:

As we come to the end of the spring semester, I want to thank you for your perseverance and commitment to your work and studies at NC State. I am grateful and proud to be a part of such a strong and vibrant community.

Like so many of you, I am eager for our campus and world to get back to a more normal way of life. I look forward to seeing many more of you in-person and on campus soon, instead of on the other side of a Zoom call fighting with the mute button. We know that the on-campus experience is such an important part of learning and working at NC State, and we continue to plan for a safe transition to a much more normal fall semester.

While this semester came with many challenges, there is much to celebrate. We’ve made great progress with testing, vaccinations and low positivity rates, thanks to so many of you following our community standards.

We had a record-breaking Day of Giving, raising more than $58.1 million to help us advance research, strengthen educational experiences and increase opportunity and access for students. Our faculty, staff and students have earned numerous and prestigious national honors. Our research enterprise has excelled. We’ve continued to serve communities and individuals in countless ways all across our great state. So many in our Pack have tackled the challenges of the pandemic to make life better and safer for our community and our world.

And later this week, we’ll confer more than 6,600 degrees to our outstanding students.

These accomplishments – and so many others – came in spite of what everyone calls an unprecedented time. But taking on the unknown and unprecedented is what we do best. That’s how we think and do.

I hope in the days to come you’ll have some time to reflect on all you’ve achieved – and what we’ve accomplished together – over the last year, and that you’re as hopeful as I am for even brighter days ahead. And whatever your plans, I hope you have a safe and wonderful summer.

Thank you for helping keep the Pack on track, and for all you do to make our community extraordinary.

Sincerely,

Randy Woodson
Chancellor