Summer Reflection

Dear NC State Community:

I am so proud of all the work you have done this 2019 spring semester. With summer just beginning, I want to take a moment to reflect on all that you have accomplished in recent weeks.

Congratulations again to all the students who graduated in May. I would like to thank you for your effort, determination, and leadership that positively shaped the student community at NC State during your time here. I hope that you continue to embody NC State’s way of thinking now that you’ve graduated. Whether you’re traveling, furthering your education, or starting a new job, always remember to Think and Do. The entire Wolfpack community looks forward to hearing of your future accomplishments, and we hope that you will continue to be involved in the success and mission of NC State.

To underclassmen and rising seniors, congratulations on completing another step in your educational journey. As you embark on the next step of this important journey this summer, I encourage you to think deeply about how you can take full advantage of the many opportunities you have. Summer is a great time to travel, explore your passions, continue your education, and serve the community. I hope you use this time to grow as an individual and learn more about how you can make your mark on the surrounding community and the world.

I would also like to extend my congratulations to our amazing faculty and staff for bringing another successful academic year to a close. I wish each of you the best in the summer months to come. Whether it be continuing your research, teaching abroad or on campus, or enjoying personal travel time, I hope you make the most of your experiences and are ready to begin a new academic year this fall.

With that in mind, let me also take a moment to say congratulations and welcome to our newly admitted first-year and transfer students. I hope that you are as excited to join the Wolfpack as we are to have you.

I look forward to seeing all of you – students, faculty, staff and alumni – on campus again soon.

Sincerely,

Randy Woodson
Chancellor