Amazing Day of Giving

Dear NC State Community:

I am enormously proud of the Wolfpack family. The outstanding response we had to our first ever Day of Giving last week was amazing! We raised more than $13.5 million dollars from over 10,000 gifts to support student success, infrastructure, research and academics, and we did it together – as the Wolfpack.

All of the funds raised count toward the university’s ongoing $1.6 billion capital campaign, Think and Do the Extraordinary, the most ambitious fundraising campaign in NC State’s history. We have certainly done something extraordinary with the Day of Giving.

I want to thank all of you for making NC State’s Day of Giving such a phenomenal success. For all of our staff who worked behind the scenes on creating and judging the challenges, tracking donations and updating the leaderboards, and staying up into all hours of the morning: thank you! To all of our donors, whether you’re alumni or students, current or former faculty and staff, or friends of the university from near and far: thank you!

It was wonderful to see all of the #GivingPack posts on social media, and get a sense of how individual members of the Wolfpack connect with the university. I am continually in awe and humbled by the love for NC State that unites people across generations and around the world.

NC State’s success would not be possible without you. And I’m not just talking about our success with Day of Giving – I’m talking about our success each and every day. Thank you for making NC State such an incredible place. Go Pack!

Sincerely,

Randy Woodson
Chancellor